The HSE Officer will be required to monitor the Safety rules of the company and the client, and supervision of the different areas in order to promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance by all parties with Company’s HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations (as amended from time to time)
- To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the Statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
- To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by Company from time to time.
- Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
- Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
- Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
- Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks
- Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
- Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same
- Degree in Engineering, from a recognized University or an Engineering Diploma & NEBOSH Diploma
- International Certificate in Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Safety or a related field.
- Official registration in OSHAD-ourdorat system.
- STP experience is preferred.